Cramond Primary School Weekly Update from Mrs Donaldson 24/4/17
I hope you all had a lovely Easter Holidays – It is so lovely to see more blue skies and we look forward to warmer days ahead.
Mrs Ashbrook has now joined the Cramond staff as Depute Head. It’s great to have her onboard and she’s looking forward to quickly getting to know all the pupils, parents and staff.
I have appointed a new P1 teacher -Mr Bennet joins the teaching team from August as a permanent addition to our staff. We will have other staff joining us next session on both temporary and permanent basis. Details will follow, once available.
Mrs Bain in nursery has had a beautiful baby girl named Sophie Rachel.
We are sorry to lose Mrs Pollock from our school office who leaves to take up a promoted post elsewhere. Mrs Taylor will be acting as administrator and Mrs Fortune will take over the clerical role. We wish Mrs Pollock all the best when she finishes on 5th May.
You will share our disappointment that the playground is still not fully open. I am assured that this will happen soon. I understand how disappointed children are and how frustrated staff and parents are. This has been communicated with contractors. Unfortunately, it is outwith my control.
The gardening group continues to weave their magic. Focus this weekend was on the nursery garden and outdoor learning space. A sincere, grateful thanks to the many pupil, parent and staff volunteers. Amazing work.
This next fortnight is a STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) focus with all classes. Many thanks, to parental offer of help. Keep an eye on class web pages to showcase the exciting learning happening at Cramond.
Travelling books was a great success with a healthy commission earned for the school. This is used to top up school reading resources. Thank you.
Additional polling day.
Cramond is closed to pupils on 4th May and also now 8th June as we are a polling station. There is no school, nursery or after school clubs either day. We apologise for this although, again, it is out of our control.
Dates for your diary – a busy 10 weeks ahead
- Thurs 27th April: Spring Disco
- Mon 1st May : Holiday Monday
- Tues 2nd May CPSC and Cramond Campus community meeting 7.15pm. All welcome. in school new sports hall
- Inset 4th May – School closed to all pupils
- 10/11th May P6 overnight to Comrie Croft
- 12 th May CPSC Cramond’s got Talent evening
- 15th May P6 Bikeability week
- 19th May Sharing Learning STEM and outdoor learning
- 22nd May Holiday Monday
- 30th May am p5-7 inter scholastics competition at Cargilfield
- 30th May pm P1-7 fun sports day at Cargilfield
- Sat 3rd June CPSC School Fair
- 6th June 30 pm new P1 parents meeting
- 8th June Election Day- school & nursery closed to pupils
- 8th June P5 to Beamish (may be rescheduled)
- 9th June Reports issued. Please return by 14th June
- 12th June CPSC 7.15pm
- 19th June P1 & P7 buddy farewell activity afternoon
- 20-22nd P7 to RHS – 3 day transitions days
- 20th June P3 & P4 muddy boots trip
- 21st June Nursery celebration session parents invited in
- 22nd June East Links P1-2 trip
- 22nd June pm New p1 meet the teacher afternoon
- 23rd June End of term achievements assembly (parents welcome) 9.15 am in school.
- 26th June P7 day and do! Details to follow
- 30th June 10.30 P7 leavers assembly followed by conga and clap out at 11.45am. School & nursery close 12 noon. Happy holidays. Pupils resume on Wednesday18th August. Weekly Update from Mrs Donaldson 24 April