Headteacher Update 30 May 2019
Dear Parents & Carers
What a wet week – looks like we got the best of the weather for sports – albeit a slightly soggy start. Huge thanks to organisation by Mrs McKay & Mr Fraser with P7 sports leaders. Edinburgh College students were a real asset to the smooth running of our competitive morning events for P4-7. The fun House sports were brilliantly led by P7 pupils. Great turn out of families and much fun was had by all.
School App: There has been a great uptake on the school app and we continue to develop this alongside the school website. We encourage all families to take advantage of this essential, free communication tool. See the company privacy statement and school website for data details.
Photo Consent: we will be reissuing photo guidance consent forms in line with revised City of Edinburgh council policy and to reflect our School website, Twitter and now school app use. This will be with you soon, thank you for your ongoing support.
Written Reports will be issued mid June. Class organisation details forP1 Aug, P1 (P2 Aug), P4 (P5 Aug) & P5 (P6 Aug) will be issued to parents and pupils over the coming week. We are letting parents know the night before, teachers will share the information with classes and then details will be shared with parents.
- P4 are being told new P5 classes today (Parents were informed last night)
- P5 will be told on Monday of P6 Classes.
- P1 will be told their P2 classes on Monday.
- New P1 intake will get class details at our P1 parent event early June.
Staffing Update I met our two Newly Qualified Teachers who are joining us in August 2019. Miss Bathgate & Miss Donaldson (no relation!) look forward to joining our staff team and will spend the day with us on Tuesday 18th June. All classes will spend time with their new teacher on 18th June.
I am delighted to share the news that Mr Robinson is staying with Cramond for a further year! We are all delighted. He has had an excellent first year of teaching and will continue to share his teaching talents in our school team. Congratulations & well deserved. Our P1 team for August will be Mr Robinson, Mrs Naeem & Mrs Turner.
Mr Short is taking on an exciting new role at Cramond and sharing his Outdoor learning passion and expertise. Recently qualified in Forest Schools, Mr Short will be taking on the RICC teacher role (Reduction in Class Contact). All P3-P7 classes will have 1.5 hours per week timetabled with Mr Short for Outdoor Learning. Additionally, Mr Short will also deliver a small group of selected pupils on a Friday for 2 hours over an 8 week block for a Forest School focus. We look forward to sharing more details of this. Our focus on Nature through nurture, quality and regular outdoor learning for all to enhance emotional health and wellbeing is a key school improvement priority next session.
Mrs Telfer & Mrs Alderdyce after many, many years of loyal service to Cramond will be leaving at the end of June. They have, over their combined total of almost 40 years, offered a huge amount of support to Cramond families and our school community. They are a great asset to our team and will be sadly missed. We wish them all the very best and know they will stay in touch.
Thank you. I would like to personally extend a huge thanks and recognition of the outstanding learning and teaching whole staff team we have at Cramond across our office, school and nursery. Their professional commitment, expertise, care and sense of fun is outstanding. The quality of care and education they collectively offer at Cramond is excellent. They each go above and beyond every day – showing great compassion & initiative in all they do. Sincere, warm thanks from me as we enter the manic, crazy final four weeks of term. So much still to achieve and complete, certainly not a ‘wind down’ – together we will get there. Cramond is a fun place to work and I am a very proud, happy headteacher. Thanks to great parent and pupil body.
Gates at Front of school Workmen have finally, at our request, installed the safety- adult height gate latches at the front and side school gate, opposite nursery. This is a right of way path but also gates require to be closed to keep our children safe. The gates are closed shut but not locked. We urge all adults to help us keep pupils safe by ensuring gates are closed behind them and latches put over at top of gates. These latches are intentionally at adult height for reasons of pupil Health & Safety.
Dates for your Diary: (Class summer trips not included)
- Tues 4th June EID – Happy EID to all our school community. Enjoy the family celebrations.
- Thurs 6th June Beamish P5 day out! 7am start from Cramond for pupils & staff!!
- Friday 7th June P5 & P6 Beach Clean – #Cramond Cares about the environment – Volunteers & Pupils come dressed to get busy on the beach!
- 10th June Netball Summer Tournament P6
- 12th June Police Visit to nursery
- 14th June PARENT COFFEE MORNING @ RHS – all welcome, Focus is on Dyslexia.
- 18-20th P7 to Secondary Schools for Transition
- 17th & 18th June P2 Show – Mr Cookie’s Food Factory for P2 parents & families
- 18th June Classes spend time meeting their new teacher
- 18th New P1 parents Info & P1 pupils meet teacher afternoon – times tbc
- 21st June End of Year Service @ Cramond Kirk, 9.30am. Families welcome.
- 24th June P7 day out
- 26th InterHouse Event – details to follow from Mrs McKay
- 27th June SSPCA visit to school assembly & classes
- 28th June P7 leavers event for Parents. 11.45 P7 conga & clapped out
- 28th June School & Nursery Closes for the summer at 12 noon.